Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My remembrance...


I have thought about dad a lot this week and I ran into a picture that represents some of the best times I ever had with him. This picture was taken on our first Moab trip. Dad was so excited about the big fire and his dutch oven contraption that he asked me to take a picture of it. This was only one event in which I cooked and laughed with Dad but I will remember and cherish them all.

4 comments:

trisha said...

Wow Candace I was thinking about that meal all day yesterday. I am so grateful that you planned those trips, they are such great memories. We all have you to thank!
When the first trip was being planned, I walked in the house one day and said to Dad, are you going on the Moab trip? He was being all grumpy and said "I don't know, are you? I said "I'm going if you're going" he said "Well, if you're going I'M GOING", but what are we going to do there? I said, we will cook and cook and eat with our family and laugh at our own jokes. Then he switched from grumpy to that big smile of his and said "ALL RIGHT" with that big thumbs up of his. And we did.
Love you candace
Trisha

Sue Kittel said...

So what did you guys cook in that dutch oven? We should make it again when we are together in August... for old times sake.
love,
Sue

trisha said...

I think it was pork roasted with apple cider vinager and pineapple.
what does anyone else think?

Gwen said...

I'd be up for that. I've got a keen interest in learning to cook in a dutch oven. I know Dad let his meat spoil just enough to make the flavor great.

Gwen